Tips & Advice
Home Maintenance Tips
Investing in your home’s maintenance and safety can pay off in peace of mind, utility costs, and resale value. These tips will help you prioritize what needs to be done, and when, so that your home will be a healthy, affordable place to live for years to come. A properly maintained home is not only a great place for you to live, but you can work to receive the best price possible when you do decide to sell it.
Home Maintenance Checklist
- Inspect and replace air conditioning filter – Use your electric bill as a reminder.
- Inspect and test smoke alarms and replace back up batteries.
- Inspect and maintain proper drainage around home.
- Inspect and caulk ceramic tile in the kitchen and the bath.
- Inspect shower caulking for proper water seal (use siliconized caulk).
- Service heating and air conditioning system.
- Inspect & clean roof, valleys & gutters for debris for proper water drainage.
- Inspect exterior doors and check weatherstripping.
- Inspect and lubricate door hardware and lock sets.
- Inspect and repair exterior caulking at windows, doors and siding.
- Drain and refill water heater.
- Inspect and repair settling drywall cracks.
- Inspect and lubricate garage door tracks.
- Inspect and repaint exterior.
Real Estate Glossary
Buying or selling real estate can be complex with a language all its own. We can help you understand the terminology and the meaning of these terms. We are pleased to offer the definitions for many frequently used real estate terms.