This spring, bring brightness to the exterior of your Nashville home. While hiring a professional crew of painters is probably the easiest, fastest way to add color to the outside of your house, there are several alternatives.
1. Vinyl siding no longer comes in just a few colors. There are limitless options – color and style – when it comes to siding. Plus, it’s low maintenance. Foundry siding, for example, gives your home the look of cedar shake or wood, and it comes in various tones.
2. Bright colored cladding can make windows pop. Cladding, the aluminum encasement on windows’ exterior, is very low maintenance and comes is various colors.
3. Accents such as entrance lighting; doorknockers and knobs; railings; house numbers and mailboxes; and window boxes provide opportunities for color. These are relatively small items and can be coordinated to match one another, creating a more cohesive look. Plus, it won’t take nearly as long to lay a coat of paint on these fixtures as it would the entire house.
4. Jazz up your entryway with a brightly colored door and planters filled with colorful flora. Fiberglass doors come in an array of colors and require no painting.
5. Stone and roofs can be palettes for color. Stone is available in various warm, earth tones and gives your home’s exterior a natural color scheme. Consider red shingles, or pick a shingle color that complements the hues of your mortar.
There are several other areas where you can add color to your home’s exterior – paint your shutters, stain your concrete driveway, install copper gutters. Remember, even if you’re not selling your home, curb appeal is important. It attracts people to the aesthetics of your home, improves its value and builds pride.