Murfreesboro Real Estate Tips- How To Build Redwood & Stone Steps
Wanna spruce up the front of your house, and give it a new look? The steps are usually the first thing someone sees when they approach your home to go inside, so in this edition of Murfreesboro Real Estate Tips, I will be showing you how to build redwood & stone steps. It will take a few hours, but will be well worth the effort when you see the end results.
1. Use a square shaped shovel to cut the shape of the steps into the soil with a shovel. Use a piece of redwood as a guide for the width.
2. Test fit the redstone by stacking a layer the same width as the redwood.
3. Mix up some mortar and start laying the redwood making sure to wipe the excess mortar off/
4. Cut lengths of 4 x 4 redwood lumbar for the step frames
5. Assemble redwood frames and attatch with 4 inch bolts
6. Drill 1/2″ holes for the top to accomodate the rebar support
7. Attatch the frames. Spread mortar on the redstone facing & lay the redwood on top and drive rebar through holes in redwood.
8. Fill in the steps with mortar until it reaches the redwood frame, let dry, then pour in the crushed gravel.
Enjoy the finished results:
I hope you found this post about How To Build Redwood & Stone Steps useful! If your selling your home in Middle Tennessee, or looking to buy a home please contact Todd Taylor- REALTOR at 615-378-7253. If you’re new to Middle Tennessee, I’d especially like to extend a warm welcome. Todd values his clients and provides them with honest, reliable service. You can also visit Todd’s website at http://tnsoldhome.com
– See more at: http://activerain.com/blogs/toddtaylor#sthash.tVGrrmBg.dpuf