Murfreesboro Real Estate Tips- How To Build A Retaining Wall
If you are looking for a way to break up your landscape a bit and differentiate one area from another building a retaining wall is a great way to accomplish this. You will need a few materials, but this job can be completed in a weekend and will be well worth it and very rewarding when the job is complete.
1. Calculate blocks needed by multiplying length x height of wall
2. Calculate the number of pins needed by mulitplying # of noncap courses by linear feet of wall
3. Dig 15″ wide trench 5″ to 10″ below grade
4. Compact the footing & add 4″ of 1/4″ modified stone
5. Begin laying blocks with small slot on top
6. Tap blocks down to seat
7. Continue stacking layers of blocks and secure with pins
8. After reaching desired height, cap with blocks and concrete adhesive
I hope you found this post about how to build a retaining wall useful! If your selling your home in Murfreesboro Tennessee, or looking to buy a home please contact Todd Taylor- REALTOR at 615-378-7253. If you’re new to Middle Tennessee, I’d especially like to extend a warm welcome. Todd values his clients and provides them with honest, reliable service.